Monday, March 14, 2011

Book Review: "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind"

"The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy is an amazing book!  It captured my attention and I instantly began to put in place the advice and recommendations suggested by the author.

This reading made me aware of the detrimental thoughts that continued to come against my hard work and dreams.  I was able to grab hold of this destructive pattern in my thinking and begin to restructure my thoughts.  I was suggesting to myself limiting messages that hindered my performance and happiness.

I believe in the ability of this book to change lives, but I do not completely agree with the theology behind the theory.  Dr. Joseph Murphy was heavily influenced by Ernst Holmes, founder of scientific religion and author of "The Science of Mind."  His teachings are amazing but lack a balance between good and evil and the power of God.  The power of a person's circumstance is made out to be that of the individual.  I believe God is more personal with us.  I do however believe God created universal laws.

Dr. Murphy focuses on the universal laws God has created.  These laws are impersonal and can be used to benefit or destroy a person.   It is up to the individual, and ignorance will not stop the effects of the laws from working for or against your life.  The most crucial law, is the law of the subconscious mind.

It works like a mirror.  What ever is placed in front of it, it will reflect.  In other words, if you want to live a good, prosperous and happy life, you must think upon good, harmonious and noble things.  He believes the renewal of a person's mind is the key to renewing their entire life.

The book is written on a 6th or 7th grade level and begins with an explanation of how the book can work miracles.  It then goes on to explain how your mind works and the different areas that are effected by the subconscious.  It goes from the general to the specific in how to use the law of the subconscious mind to heal your life.


This book is a classic and has been reprinted by different publishers.  It was originally published in 1963. 

I highly recommend reading this book.  I have seen results in my life and I believe I am more Empowered because I read it. 

I give this book four our of five stars.
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment